Thursday, May 01, 2008

Still Waiting....


We put our offer in on the house on Sunday, April 20th. We were told there were 2 other offers and were urged to raise our offer so we'd have a better chance. So we did. We were supposed to hear and answer that Tuesday. On Tuesday, they told us there had been another offer and that they had to do an appraisal on the house before they could give us an answer. By Tuesday evening, the two beginning offers had dropped out. (I'm not convinced they actually existed) But they said we'd hear an answer on Friday. We had to call them on Friday. Only to find out that the person at the bank that was handling it had such a big work load we wouldn't hear until the next Monday. Well here comes Monday...I had to call. Turns out that there were still questions on the appraisal. But the one other offer was gone because the people couldn't get financing. Bad for them, good for us. But now they're saying we won't hear again until this Friday. Tomorrow. I've heard that before. Now, to be fair, the realtor we're going through, is not the listing agent. She has to go through the listing agent who has to go through the bank handling the house. I think our agent is truthful and good. She's just the messenger. We think that the listing agent made up the first two offers to get us to make ours. That mixed with the waiting is just aggravating me to no end! I've been praying for patience. I think God's answered that prayer, seeing as how I've not strangled anyone yet.

0 comments: