Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day and God's Protection




I had a really great Mother's Day! Hubby was extra sweet and thoughful. And I got way more than I was expecting. I was expecting the haircut. (see above)

But he also got me my favorite game. Build-a-Lot. It's basically a real estate tycoon game. So fun and so addictive! I had been downloading the demo from the internet, but you can only play so much. So we found it at Best Buy and he got it for me. YAY!


My mom got me this makeup. I was in dire need of it! I got her the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun".


Hubby also got me this chocolate from Target. We've seen it before but it's $12 for 12 pieces. It's a special occasion chocolate. This is the summer mix. The flavors are smores, peaches and cream, raspberry sorbet, blueberry cheesecake, mint chocolate chip ice cream and orange cream. The fruity ones are my favorite. I got them Friday and I've only eaten 6. They're the savoring kind of treat!

Then I found these dresses at Walmart on sale for $5 a piece and couldn't pass it up!


On the actual day of Mother's Day, hubby took me and my mom to get frozen custard and then he took the kids while my mom and I went shopping. He's such a doll!!!


On a different note, we are praising God for His protection! Saturday evening, severe storms passed just south of where I live. I only got wind and some hail. I heard there were tornadoes and softball sized hail to the south. I didn't know how bad it had gotten until the yesterday when I got to church. 23 people had been killed and I don't know how many houses have been destroyed. I ask for prayer for all the people affected by these storms. But that's not the basis of this post. One of my best friends and her family were miraculously spared by the hand of God. She was one of 11 people in her father-in-law's home, along with her husband and her 2 year old daughter, when the tornado hit. They all piled into the hallway. She said she heard the house crashing around them. She could feel the wind trying to pull her baby out of her arms. All she could do was hold on and scream the name of Jesus. A few second later it passed. They looked up to nothing. There was one wall by them and that was all that was left. That storm should've killed everyone in that house. They should've been sucked up with the rest of the house. But God was there. All 11 people walked out with just minor injuries from debris. I praise our mighty God for His great mercy! He truly is our shelter from the storm!!!
There are supposed to be other storms coming this way again tonight. I trust He has His hands on His children and will keep them safe. Praise His name!!!

2 comments:

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Praise God!