Friday, December 14, 2007

Random Christmas Hoopla

Karla has tagged me for this fun "hoopla". I have to share 12 random things about myself that are Christmas related.
Here are the rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible


Well okie dokie, here I go!

1. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday!

2. I can't wait to put up the tree every year, but dread the job of taking it down.

3. As much as I love my dad, going to his house on Christmas day is the cause of alot of stress. There are always so many people over there. It's a mad house. And hubby is agoraphobic. I am too, to an extent.

4. I have gone to my Papa and Jo's every Christmas Eve since I was 4...(except one, the weather was too bad) But this year is the first Christmas without Papa and we won't be having Christmas over there.

5.But we're making a new tradition of going to my mom's house instead. And my little brother is coming in from Alabama! I'm very excited about the whole thing!. I get to see him and FINALLY meet his new girlfriend/almost fiancee. And I get to help my mom plan a party!!!

6. We've gone to the in-laws every year since we've been married on Christmas Eve and stayed the night. As much as I would like my own traditions on Christmas morning, this has been a fun thing to do.

7. EVERYONE gets a stocking over there. Not just the kids. And they are HUGE and jam packed! Waking up and digging through it is one of my favorite parts of Christmas!

8. The Christmas before I turned 9, I stayed up for a long time talking to Santa about what I wanted him to bring me.....then woke up early and watched my watch in the nightlight. I wasn't allowed to get up until 6:00.

9. I do not remember when I found out Santa wasn't real. I think I blocked it out.

10. We've told our children Santa isn't real. I see it as lying to them. But we do have Santa around as he is a fun and adorable fictional character.

11. I haven't talked to them enough about the true meaning of Christmas. That has changed this year.

12. I was afraid we'd have Christmas with no electricty. It was knocked out by the ice strorm. But we got it back Wednesday night. Unfortunately there will be some that have an un-electrical Christmas


OKay I have to tag some people. So let's see....Alison (Karla may have tagged you already so I'm sorry) and Candy

0 comments: