Monday, December 31, 2007

I'm Back on Blogger!

I just couldn't stay away. I like it here better.
Well there has been alot going on. Christmas and the whole job situation. Well, I guess I gotta start somewhere so I will start with Christmas.
Can you say NON-STOP? Our Christmas started on Friday the 21st. We went over to the home of some new friends of ours from church. She cooked enchiladas. SO good! We had alot of fun but we had to leave earlier than we would've liked. I had to be at my mom's that night and she lives about 30 minutes away from them.
I LOVE going to my mom's! She's my best friend! We stayed up until 2am talking. Then we got up before 7:00 (I think she got up at 5:00) and got started cooking. We cooked all day. But it was so much fun! Then my brother and his new fiancee came over. They live in Alabama, so I was very much looking forward to seeing them. It was my first time meeting her. She is just the sweetest!!! We had a great time there. We had to leave around 5pm to go to another friend's house.
We had a gift exchange there and we had to practice for a song we were doing on Sunday. (Mary Did You Know) It was fun over there. Well for the most part. Anya was getting a little rambunctious. They have some stairs in their house and she kept wanting to play on them. She can go up stairs just fine. But she still has problems going down them. So I had to watch her like a hawk. And it took forever to get Pat to go home. His friend had gotten a ping pong table for Christmas so they had to break it in. Men can be such boys! It's adorable!
We had church Sunday morning. Then we went to the in-laws as usual on Sundays. Then about 2:00 we went to my grandparents house for a Christmas party with all my aunts and uncles and cousins. (there are alot) That was nice, but we didn't have alot of time because we had to go back to church early to practice our song some more.
Church was fun. It was a special Christmas service. We had praise and worship. Then we did our song. I sang. Pat played his guitar. And our friend Scott played the bass. We're forming a band, but that's for another post. Then there was a drawing for gifts that a bunch of people brought. I got an apron. SO cute! If I can find my camera cord I will post a pic. Anya got a teddy bear. Noah got some neat little tops. Pat's number didn't get drawn, but the gift my mom pick had two things so she gave Pat her tin of chex mix! She also got a candle garden!
Christmas Eve, we went over to some more friend's house. That was alot of fun too! Then we went over to Pat's brother's house and played Rock Star on his X-box 360. It's alot of fun! After a few hours of that we headed over to the in-laws.....we were planning on staying the night like we normally do on Christmas Eve....but we left before bed time......and that's all I have to say about Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning we went back. I think God gave us the grace to deal with them without screaming, because Christmas Day was much better than Christmas Eve. Around 4:30 or so, we went to my dad's. My sister was in town. But because her children are usually way too loud and rambunctious, we weren't really looking forward to it. But it was so nice! They've gotten bigger and better behaved. Her husband was even pleasant! It was really good to see her!
We finished up our Christmas at my Grandma Jo's on Wednesday. I was worried it would be too hard without Papa. But besides a couple teary-eyed moments, it was great. We were just expecting a little gift exchange and conversation. But she did everything they normally would've done. She had the table laid out with all sorts of yummy things and everything was decorated like they had always done it. It was so nice!
Well that was Christmas.
But the other thing that has been going on is big. If you've read this blog much, you'll know that at the end of summer, my hubby had gotten a nice job opportunity. Lots more money when the training was over. But we would've had to move. At first we thought of that as a good thing. But the more we thought and prayed about it. The more we realized we couldn't leave our church. So we've decided he's going back to his old job. Everytime they see him they offer it back to him. He met with his old boss the other day. He'll have to drive to Arkansas most days, but he'll be payed for driving time. Plus they will start his insurance amd 401k immediately, as if he was never gone! They are so much better people to work for. I'm very excited!
Plus, I've got the promise that we'll still be moving out of this house! I've set a goal to have it ready to put on the market by the end of January. I'm praying for a fast sell! Would you mind praying with me?
Well I guess that's it. As if that's not enough! I will be back soon to post about "Project: Sell This House"

0 comments: